Today marks the launch of Tech Nation 2017 from Tech City UK. Tech Nation 2017 shows that the UK digital tech sector is one of the country’s economic success stories, growing twice as fast as the wider economy and creating highly skilled workers and well-paid jobs. With 1000+ data points, 61 tech company case studies & 200+ community partners Tech Nation 2017 is Yech City’s most comprehensive report to date.
– The UK’s digital tech industry turned over an estimated £170 billion in 2015, is growing at twice the rate of the wider economy and is key to boosting the UK’s wider economy, with a contribution of £97 billion in 2015.
– The digital tech industry generated a further 85,000 jobs over the past year from 1.56 million in 2014 to 1.64 million in 2015, creating jobs at double the rate of the rest of the economy.
– Similarly, since 2012, there has been a 13% increase in the advertised salaries of digital tech posts, compared with only a 4% rise in those of non-digital jobs.
– Tech investment in the UK reached £6.8bn in 2016, more than two times higher than any other European country and significantly more than its closest rival, France, which secured £2.4bn.
– Tech Nation 2017 shows that the average advertised salary for digital-tech jobs has now reached £50,663 a year, compared with £35,155 for the average non-digital salary, making it 44% higher than the national average.
See more at: http://www.techcityuk.com/#sthash.rtoKuTvb.dpuf